Before you can begin using all the advanced functions of your Neato Botvac Connected series robot you need to get it connected to your Wi-Fi Network. First thing to do is install the Neato App to your smartphone or tablet, please visit your devices dedicated app store to download the latest version:
If you've already installed the Neato App, please skip to STEP 2.
STEP 1: Install the app and connect your Neato to Wi-Fi.
- After installation, launch the app and follow the directions provided.
- You will be prompted to:
- Create an account
- Verify your account via e-mail
- Add/connect your robot
If you encounter connection or pairing problems, please continuing reading.
NOTE: If you are unable to connect after several attempts, please contact Neato customer care and consider running a network scan prior to creating a support ticket. For additional details, please see the following:
STEP 2: Check your Wi-Fi Router information:
- Make sure your wireless router supports the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands.
- Verify that you have the correct Wi-Fi password for your network.
- Ensure that your WiFi SSID and Password does not contain slashes (/) or spaces ( )
- If you are connecting to a hidden network, make sure you have the correct SSID and it is entered correctly (SSID information is case sensitive).
STEP 3: Consider your Wi-Fi Routers Physical Placement:
- Be sure it's located in a central area, offering the best possible signal with limited interference to all your connected devices.
- Avoid placing your router behind building material that blocks its signal. Material such as glass, concrete, brick, steel or any type of metal is known to be problematic.
- Avoid placing your router next to electric devices or appliances that emit RF noise. TV's, Cordless Phones and Microwave Ovens are good examples.
- For single-story homes, consider placing the router as high as possible in the room. This will help disperse the signal throughout your home.
- For two-story homes, placing high on the first-floor ceiling or low on the second floor may provide better coverage.
- For three-story homes, consider placing in the center of the second floor. This should help evenly disperse the signal to all three floors.
- If available, multiple story homes or rooms with known dead spots may show improvement by introducing additional Access Points, or a MESH network.
STEP 4: Connect and Pair
If your first attempt at pairing was unsuccessful, you'll need to place the robot back into pairing mode.
- Press and hold the "Right Bumper" and "Start Button" simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Allow the robot to turn off, then press the "Start Button" to turn it back on.
- When back on, the Wi-Fi LED will slowly blink "blue" indicating the robot has entered pairing mode.
- Refer back to the Neato app and repeat the pairing process.
- Select ADD A NEW ROBOT and follow the steps provided.
During the pairing process, the Wi-Fi LED may exhibit the following behavior until the robot is paired:
|LED Color||What it Means|
|Slow Blinking Blue||Robot is in Pairing Mode|
|Fast Blinking Blue||Pairing to Neato app/account|
|Solid Blue||Pairing successful (shows for 5 seconds)|
|Solid Red||Pairing unsuccessful (shows for 5 seconds)|
NOTE: Adding the robot to your Wi-Fi network is part of the pairing process. If you change your networks SSID or password, you will need to reconnect and repeat the full procedure.