The information in this articles requires the Neato App and a supported Smart Device. To install the latest version of the Neato App, please visit your devices appropriate marketplace:
Before you begin you will need:
- Your home Wi-Fi name (SSID)
- Your home Wi-Fi password
- Fully charged robot
Launch the app and follow the directions provided.
You will be prompted to:
- Create an account
- Verify your account via e-mail
- Add/connect your robot
If you encounter connection or pairing problems, please refer to the following steps:
STEP 1: Check your Wi-Fi Router information:
- Make sure your wireless router supports the 2.4GHz or 5GHz bands.
- Verify that you have the correct Wi-Fi password for your network.
- Ensure that your WiFi SSID and Password does not contain slashes (/) or spaces ( )
- If you are connecting to a hidden network, make sure you have the correct SSID and it's entered correctly (SSID information is case sensitive).
- When connecting to a 2.4GHz network, channels 1 through 11 are required.
- When connecting to a 5GHz network, channels 36, 40, 44 and 48 are required.
STEP 2: Consider your Wi-Fi Routers Physical Placement:
- Router placement does matter. Be sure it's located in a central area, offering the best possible signal with limited interference to all your connected devices.
- Avoid placing your router behind building material that blocks its signal. Material such as glass, concrete, brick, steel or any type of metal is known to be problematic.
- Avoid placing your router next to electric devices or appliance that emit RF noise. TV's, Cordless Phones and Microwave Ovens are good examples.
- For single-story homes, consider placing the router as high as possible in the room. This will help disperse the signal throughout your home.
- For two-story homes, placing high on the first-floor ceiling or low on the second floor may provide better coverage.
- For three-story homes, consider placing in the center of the second floor. This should help evenly disperse the signal to all three floors.
- If available, multiple story homes or rooms with known dead spots may show improvement by introducing additional Access Points, Repeaters or Extenders
STEP 3: Connect and Pair
- If your first attempt at pairing was unsuccessful, you'll need to place the robot back into pairing mode.
- To do this, press and hold the "Right Bumper" and "Start Button" simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Allow the robot to turn off, then press the "Start Button" once more to turn back on.
- When back on, the Wi-Fi LED will slowly blink "blue" indicating the robot has entered pairing mode.
- Refer back to the Neato app and repeat the pairing process.
- Select ADD A NEW ROBOT and follow the steps provided.
During the pairing process, the Wi-Fi LED may exhibit the following behavior until the robot is paired:
|LED Color||What it Means|
|Slow Blinking Blue||Robot is in Pairing Mode|
|Fast Blinking Blue||Pairing to Neato app/account|
|Solid Blue||Pairing successful (shows for 5 seconds)|
|Solid Red||Pairing unsuccessful (shows for 5 seconds)|
Note: Adding the robot to your Wi-Fi network is part of the pairing process. If you change your networks SSID or password, you will need to reconnect and repeat the full procedure.