Setting up Google Home and Assistant with Neato Botvac Connected series robots.
- Neato Botvac Connected
- Neato Botvac Connected D3
- Neato Botvac Connected D5
- Neato Botvac Connected D7
1. First, setup your Neato Botvac.
- If your Neato Botvac Connected is already configured, you can skip to step 2.
- If you're new to the Neato community, please follow our setup instructions within the Neato App; available from Google Play (Android 6.0+) or from the Apple Store (IOS 9.0+).
2. Ensure your Google device is running as expected.
- If your device is already operating, please skip to step 3.
- For help configuring your device with Google Home and Google Assistant, consider visiting Google's Setup guide for support and setup details.
3. After steps 1 and 2 are confirmed.
- Use your supported smartphone to open the Google Home App.
- Locate and tap the “triple-bar” icon, in the upper left-hand corner.
4. From the Google Assistant menu, tap the “Explore” option.
- The Google Assistant app will launch (or prompt to install).
5. Tap the Google Assistant search box.
6. Search for “Neato” then tap “Neato Robot”.
7. Tap the “LINK” button to associate your Neato account.
8. Login and authorize your Neato account.
9. Now you can use Google Home to control your Neato Robot. Try saying:
- “Hey Google, Talk to Neato Robot.”
- “Hey Google, Tell Neato Robot to start cleaning.”
- “Hey Google, Tell Neato Robot to pause cleaning”
- “Hey Google, Tell Neato Robot to resume cleaning”
- “Hey Google, Tell Neato Robot to return to the dock”
- “Hey Google, Tell Neato Robot to schedule a cleaning for “Day” and “Time”
- “Hey Google, Tell Neato Robot find my robot
Be sure to visit our Google Home and Google Assistant Summary FAQ for further information, and additional voice control details.