Recalibrate your Neato and its batteries.
Recalibrating the robot batteries can improve capacity and lengthen run time between charges.
You should recalibrate the batteries if:
- The robot is new
- The batteries are new
- You updated the software
- Your cleaning area expanded
- Your robot’s run time is low
Follow the steps below to recalibrate the battery.
- Turn off any scheduled cleaning.
- Reset the batteries by going to MENU->Support->New Battery.
- Place the robot on its charge base overnight to ensure a full charge.
- Remove the robot from the charge base.
- Battery recalibration steps:
- Press the START button to start a cleaning cycle.
- If the robot displays “Cleaning Complete” press START button again to discharge the battery.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 until you see “My Battery is low.” or “My Battery is low. I need to charge my battery before I can clean”. Once you see one of these messages on your robot’s LCD screen proceed to step 8.
- Recharge the robot:
- Charge the robot on its charge base until the status light turns solid green.
- Run the robot as usual until it needs to recharge again.
If the runtime does not improve after a second battery recalibration, you may need to replace Neato’s batteries. You can purchase batteries through one of our partners here.