This information is related to:
- Botvac Connected D3
- Botvac Connected D4
- Botvac Connected D5
- Botvac Connected D6
Once you have downloaded the Neato app from the Apple App Store or Google Play, launch the app and follow the directions provided. You will be prompted to:
- Create an account
- Verify your account via e-mail
- Add/connect your robot
Before you begin, you will need:
- Your home Wi-Fi password
- Fully charged robot
If you go through the steps and you have problems, refer to the following items.
STEP 1: Check your Wi-Fi Router information:
- Make sure your wireless router is either 2.4 GHz or a dual band router that is configured to support 2.4 GHz. The Connected series of Neato robots currently do not support the 5 GHz band.
- Verify that you have the correct password for your network. If you are trying to connect to a hidden network, make sure you have the correct network name, SSID, and that the network is 2.4GHz. Also note that the SSID is case sensitive.
- Make sure you Wi-Fi router firewall and port settings allow your Neato robot to connect to the Neato servers.
- NOTE: Neato currently does not have support for Enterprise level password security (WEP EAP).
- If you went through the pairing process and did not have success, you need to put your Neato Botvac D3 / D5 Connected robot vacuum back into pairing mode. To do this, press and hold the right bumper and Start button for 10 seconds.
- The robot will turn off. Press the Start button once more to turn the robot back on. Once robot has turned back on, the INFO LED should be slowly blinking blue and the robot is now in pairing mode for the next 60 minutes.
- Try going through the pairing process again. Using the Neato app, select CONNECT A ROBOT and follow the steps to pair your robot and the Neato app. The INFO LED light changes as follows during the pairing process:
During Pairing Mode, the INFO LED has the following specific behavior until the robot is paired:
LED Color What it Means Slow Blinking Blue Robot is in Pairing Mode Fast Blinking Blue Pairing to Neato app/account Solid Blue Pairing successful (shows for 5 seconds) Solid Red Pairing unsuccessful (shows for 5 seconds)
- Also note that part of the Neato app pairing process is setting up your robot on your Wi-Fi network. If you change your Wi-Fi network or password, you will need to re-pair your robot with the Neato app.