- Place the charge base against a wall, near an electrical outlet. The robot needs approximately 3 feet (1 meter) of open space in front to dock successfully.
- For best results, put the charge base 3 feet (1 meter) from a corner and at least 3 feet (1 meter) from a doorway as shown in the diagram below.
- Make sure the robot can “see” the charge base from various places in the room. Don’t hide the charge base behind or under furniture, in a long, narrow hallway, or in a closed-off area.
- Avoid putting the charge base in constant direct sunlight. Also try to avoid shiny surfaces and black floors as they might cause navigation problems.
- If you have thick carpeting, check that the charge base isn’t tilted as this can interfere with docking.
I have several open rooms connected to each other
If you have several places where you could dock the robot, try placing the charge base in a few different spots and see if your Neato has a preference. No matter where you position its base, the robot should clean the entire area. You may, however, witness subtle differences in its performance and cleaning paths from location to location.
If the issue persists, please click on the blue Chat icon for assistance or visit our Customer Care contact page for more options.