- Place the charge base against a wall, near an electrical outlet. The robot needs approximately 3 feet (1 meter) of open space in front to dock successfully.
- For best results, put the charge base 3 feet (1 meter) from a corner and at least 3 feet (1 meter) from a doorway as shown in the diagram below.
- Make sure the robot can “see” the charge base from various places in the room. Don’t hide the charge base behind or under furniture, in a long, narrow hallway, or in a closed-off area.
- Avoid putting the charge base in constant direct sunlight. Also try to avoid shiny surfaces and black floors as they might cause navigation problems.
- If you have thick carpeting, check that the charge base isn’t tilted as this can interfere with docking.
I have several open rooms connected to each other
If you have several places where you could dock the robot, try placing the charge base in a few different spots and see if your Neato has a preference. No matter where you position its base, the robot should clean the entire area. You may, however, witness subtle differences in its performance and cleaning paths from location to location.