What is IFTTT (If This, Then That)
IFTTT is a web service that enables you to seamlessly integrate your Neato Botvac Connected with other Smart Home devices and popular web services to do some amazing things! IFTTT allows you to automatically start your robot if you leave the house, pause your robot if your doorbell or phone rings, or even play a song when a cleaning job finishes.
How do I get started using IFTTT
To get started, visit IFTTT.com or download the IFTTT app from the App Store or Google Play. IFTTT enables you to run pre-programmed applets web service that enables you to integrate your Neato Botvac Connected Robot toThe Neato Chatbot for WeChat is available worldwide wherever WeChat apps are available. English and Simplified Chinese are supported.
What Neato robot vacuums does IFTTT work with?
All the Neato connected robot vacuums are supported:
- Botvac Connected
- Botvac Connected D3
- Botvac Connected D5
- Botvac Connected D7
How do I setup IFTTT to work with my Neato connected robot?
1. First, setup your Neato Botvac.
- If your Neato Botvac Connected, D3, D5 or D7 is already configured, you can skip to step 2.
- If you're new to the Neato community, please follow our setup instructions within the Neato App; available from Google Play (Android 6.0+) or from the Apple Store (IOS 9.0+).
2. Create an IFTTT account
- If you already have an IFTTT account, you can skip to step 3
- Visit IFTTT.com and select ‘Sign Up’
- Create an account by providing your email and choosing a password
3. Connect your IFTTT account to the Neato Service
- Select “Search” from the top navigation bar at IFTTT.com
- Type, ‘Neato’ and select Neato from the Services results
- Choose ‘Connect’ on the Neato Service
4. Login and Authorize IFTTT to access your Neato Account
5. Authorize additional Smart Home Products and/or Web Services with IFTTT
- Before you can begin using Neato Applets you will need to connect your IFTTT account with additional smart home products and web services
- Use the Search feature outlined in Step 3 to find additional Smart Home Products and services you would like to work with your Neato Vacuum (e.g. - Nest, Ring Doorbell, Android Phone, Twitter Account)
6. Download and Login to the IFTTT app on your mobile device
- Download from the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Some of the best Applets leverage your phone's location to control your Neato Botvac. (e.g. Automatically start cleaning when you leave home or stop cleaning when you arrive home)
7. You are now ready to start using Applets
- Visit https://ifttt.com/neato to discover and enable Neato published applets or start creating your own!