If your Neato is driving erratically i.e. Random directions, Bumping into objects. Please try the following steps. There may be an issue with one of the Neato sensors.
1. Regularly clean the robot’s sensors. There are 2 drop sensors on either side of the brush on the underside of your Neato and a wall sensor on the left side of the bumper of your Neato; take a Q-tip or micro fiber cloth and gently clean them.
2. Clean the robots main laser. The Neato's laser is located under the round turret on the top of the robot
- Using a Q-Tip, make sure the robot's laser freely rotates. Rotate the laser 10 times to the left and 10 times to the right, making sure not to put the Q-tip in either of the holes.
- Use short bursts of compressed air about 6" / 15cm away to clear debris from under the turret cap.
3. Check the 4 bumper sensors on the robots bumper.
- There is one bumper sensor on each side of the bumper and two in the front.
- You should hear 2 clicks when pressing in and releasing each of them. If one of the sensor does NOT click, depress and release the bumper a few times rapidly to try to "unstick" it.
- Check the bumper to make sure there is no debris in it.
- Turn your Neato over and release the brush guard (also known as the sole plate). Make sure there is no debris or damage to the brush.
4. Spin the wheels by hand to make sure they wheels move freely, and remove any debris in their way.
5. Try a soft reset by holding the START button until all the lights turn off. Then press the start button again. After the chime plays try the Neato and see if the issue returns.
Some environmental factors can cause this issue. Strong direct sunlight and reflective surfaces can make it difficult for the Neato to see. To rule this out please try run the Neato in another room / part of your home.
Still having problems? If the above has not solved the issue , please contact one of our customer support agents. Click the blue chat icon, or visit our Customer Care Contact page for more options.
If the issue persists, please click on the blue Chat icon for assistance or visit our Customer Care contact page for more options.