If your Neato fails to connect and you have tried the previous troubleshooting steps from the Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Guide, you may find a solution to the problem below.
Please note that if you are inexperienced with changing settings on your router / modem, you may want to contact our customer support staff first. Please consider running a Network Scan beforehand.
- Exit the Neato App. Exit out of it completely (do not just put in the background).
- Reboot the robot. Leave the Neato powered off for 5+ minutes.
- Disable mobile / cellular data on your device for the duration of the connection process.
- Reboot the phone / tablet. (Do not skip this step)
Router changes. Please make the following changes systematically to find out what is causing the issue. You will need to reset the Neato / device between changes.
- Disable IPv6 - This setting when enabled can prevent the robots access point from being seen by the Neato app. We recommend disabling this option in the router.
- Change DHCP lease time to days if set to hours.
- Disable Band Steering and Fast Roaming. Note: Fast Roaming is also known as 801.11r.
- Change the broadcast channel to 6 or 11.
- If you have any kind of mesh network, please set up a guest network with a unique alphanumeric SSID and Password. Make sure that it is 2.4GHz exclusively. The Neato can have problems connecting to networks with multiple access points.
- Lower or turn off any firewall / parental settings. Only do this temporarily until the Neato is connected.
- If you are using satellite internet / mobile data to connect the latency may be to high to be operable. It is best to run a network scan and contact the customer support team to check to see if that is the case.
If the issue persists, please click on the blue Chat icon for assistance or visit our Customer Care contact page for more options.