If your Neato is missing areas in your home please try the following steps to resolve the issue.
1. Regularly clean the robot’s sensors. There are 2 drop sensors on either side of the brush on the underside of your Neato and a wall sensor on the left side of the bumper of your Neato; take a Q-tip or micro fiber cloth and gently clean them.
2. Clean the robots main laser. The Neato's laser is located under the round turret on the top of the robot
- Using a Q-Tip, make sure the robot's laser freely rotates. Rotate the laser 10 times to the left and 10 times to the right, making sure not to put the Q-tip in either of the holes.
- Use short bursts of compressed air about 6" / 15cm away to clear debris from under the turret cap.
3. Try a soft reset by holding the START button until all the lights turn off. Then press the start button again. After the chime plays try the Neato and see if the issue returns.
4. If the Neato consistently fails to clean certain areas, we would recommend relocating the charge base. Allowing the Neato to approach areas from a different angle can often solve these sorts of issues.
Some environmental factors can cause this issue. Strong direct sunlight and reflective surfaces can make it difficult for the Neato to see. Please check to see if this is factor in the trouble areas.
If the issue is persistent, please click on the blue chat icon for assistance or visit our Customer Care Contact page for more options.