You have just unpacked your new Neato robot and are wondering how best to set up your charge base.
Or your robot has trouble finding the charge base or navigating around it and you want to make sure that it is set up the best way possible.
Robot Model(s): D800 | D8 | D9 | D10
App Version: MyNeato app
How to set up the charge base
The charge base is the home of your Neato robot. The robot starts its cleaning runs from the base and returns to it after finishing a cleaning run. If the charge base is not set up properly, the robot may have trouble docking correctly.
- Insert the plug behind the charge base. Shorten the cord as needed by wrapping it behind the charge base.
- Select a clear area with good Wi-Fi coverage. Make sure the charge base is against the wall and plugged in.
- Provide 12 in (30 cm) of open space on either side and in front of the charge base
- Also make sure that the charge base is at least 12 in (30 cm) from any corner or doorway.
- Place the robot against the charge base. When docked properly, the battery icon will light up.
Note: lacking space around the charge base may impact the robot's cleaning behavior
The Neato prefers that its charge base is placed on a hard floor. The charge base comes with a pad designed to keep it secure on a hardwood floor.
If, however, you put the charge base on a carpeted floor, remove these pads from underneath it.
If the issue persists, please click on the blue Chat icon for assistance or visit our Customer Care contact page for more options.