Clean the main and side brush after every cleaning run to make sure your robot will work to its best performance.
Clean the main brush
- Flip the robot over and remove the small side brush.
- Locate the two clips at the back of the brush guard, next to the wheels.
- Put your fingers underneath the clips and pull the brush guard away from the robot.
- You can now easily remove the brush from the brush cavity.
- Use the cleaning tool to remove any hair or built-up debris from the brush.
- Ensure everything is clean and reinsert the brush into the cavity, aligning the end caps into place.
- Reattach the brush guard and snap the clips at the back.
- Make sure that no debris or hair is built up in the side brush and reinstall it.
Check the end cap of the main brush
Next to cleaning the main brush, it is also important that you check its end cap. The main brush of your Neato has two different end caps: one is orange and cannot be turned, the other is black and orange you can be spun around.
Remove the black/orange end cap by firmly pulling it away from the main brush. Remove any hair or debris, then reinsert the end cap. Make sure that it is fully inserted. If not the brush will not fit properly into the robot. You should be able to spin the end cap freely.
If the issue persists, please click on the blue Chat icon for assistance or visit our Customer Care contact page for more options.