The dirt bin contains all the dust and dirt that your robot removes. It should be emptied after every clean. if the dirt bin is full or not inserted correctly, you may get an error message related. Please follow the steps below to resolve this.
How to remove and empty the dirt bin
- Remove the dirt bin from the robot.
- Remove the filter by pinching the handle and pulling it out.
- Use the cleaning tool to remove any debris that builds up between the pleats.
- Empty the dirt bin into the trash.
- Remove any debris from the robot's opening and airways.
- Insert the filter into the dirt bin.
- Place the dirt bin into the robot.
Cleaning the filter
After every cleaning run, use the cleaning tool to remove any debris between the pleats of the filter. After every few cleanings, you may want to use a hand vac to remove the dirt from the filter. Please do not clean the filter with water or soap.
We recommend you change the filter every one to two months. Factors that determine how often to change the filter include: frequency of vacuuming, size of the area your robot is cleaning, and the amount of dirt, debris and pet hair the robot picks up.
Error related to the dirt bin
If your robot shows an error message relating to its dirt bin, the dirt bin is either full or the Neato can't detect the dirt bin. First, try the steps mentioned above, then, if the issue persists, continue with the following steps:
- Make sure that the filter is inserted correctly into the dirt bin.
- Make sure the dirt bin is properly seated in position. You should hear a click when placing the dirt bin in the robot and the top of the dirt bin should be level with the top of the robot.
- Please check to see if the dirt bin sensor is functioning. Inside the dirt bin compartment, there is a small rubber button. Press this button several times. The Neato should beep when you do this.
- Should the error still persist, reboot your robot and start the clean again.
If your robot indicates an error linked to the Dirt Bin and/or Filter, go through the steps above. Afterwards, if the error still persists, click on the blue Chat icon for assistance or visit our Customer Care contact page for more options.
If the issue persists, please click on the blue Chat icon for assistance or visit our Customer Care contact page for more options.