Your robot just had its first cleaning run(s). You want to know what to pay attention to when:
Topic(s): dirt bin | filter
Robot Model(s): D800 | D8 | D9 | D10
App Version: MyNeato app
How to empty the dirt bin
The dirt bin contains all the dust and dirt that your robot removes. You should empty it after every clean.
A step-by-step description
- Remove the dirt bin from the robot.
- Remove the filter by pinching the handle and pulling it out.
- Use the cleaning tool to remove any debris that builds up between the pleats.
- Empty the dirt bin into the trash.
- Remove any debris from the robot's opening and airways.
- Insert the filter into the dirt bin.
- Place the dirt bin into the robot.
How to clean the filter
After every cleaning run, use the cleaning tool to remove any debris between the pleats of the filter. After every few cleanings, you may want to use a hand vac to remove the dirt from the filter. Please do not clean the filter with water or soap.
We recommend you change the filter every one to two months.
Factors that determine how often to change the filter include: the frequency of vacuuming, the size of the area your robot is cleaning, and the amount of dirt, debris, and pet hair the robot picks up.
If the issue persists, please click on the blue Chat icon for assistance or visit our Customer Care contact page for more options.