You cannot get past the step 'Registering your robot on Neato servers'.
Topic(s): connection | app | wifi
Robot Model(s): D3 | D4 | D5 | D6 | D7
App Version: Neato app
Note: For the D8 robot and all models above, you need to use the MyNeato app.
There are two ways to fix this issue:
- Change the DNS server setting in the WiFi router to use Googles DNS. This can only be done on the WiFi router. Change to the following DNS: Primary 188.8.131.52 Secondary 8. 8. 4. 4.
- Instead of using your home WiFi you can set up a temporary hotspot to connect the device. Once the Neato is connected to the hotspot, you can update the Neato firmware and then try to connect to your home WiFi again.
Connect using a temporary hotspot
You will need two devices for this to work. One device to create the hotspot and another to run the Neato app.
- Set up your hotspot and go through the connection steps as usual.
- When the app prompts you to select your WiFi network, choose the hotspot instead.
- If the hotspot does not appear, try typing the Name (SSID9 manually at the bottom.
- Once you are connected to the hotspot, you will see a prompt to update the Neato. After this is done try to add your home WiFi as a second network.
If the issue persists, please click on the blue Chat icon for assistance or visit our Customer Care contact page for more options.