Re-calibrate your Neato and its batteries.
Recalibrating the robot batteries can improve capacity and lengthen run time between charges.
You should re-calibrate the batteries if:
- The robot is new
- The batteries are new
- You updated the software
- Your cleaning area expanded
- Your robot’s run time is low
Follow the steps below to re-calibrate the battery.
- Turn off any scheduled cleaning.
- Reset the batteries by going to MENU->Support->New Battery.
- Place the robot on its charge base overnight to ensure a full charge.
- Remove the robot from the charge base.
- Battery re-calibration steps:
- Press the START button to start a cleaning cycle.
- If the robot displays “Cleaning Complete” press START button again to discharge the battery.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 until you see “My Battery is low.” or “My Battery is low. I need to charge my battery before I can clean”. Once you see one of these messages on your robot’s LCD screen proceed to step 8.
- Recharge the robot:
- Charge the robot on its charge base until the status light turns solid green.
- Run the robot as usual until it needs to recharge again.
If the runtime does not improve after a second battery re-calibration, you may need to replace Neato’s batteries. You can purchase batteries through one of our partners here.
If the issue persists, please click on the blue Chat icon for assistance or visit our Customer Care contact page for more options.